Living Room Chandelier
3 Good Tips for Choosing Living Room Chandelier
Chandeliers are never going to be quiet and reserved, so why not go as bold as you dare for LIVING ROOM? Statement chandeliers are the jewellery of an interior. A great way to level up your living room is with a grand, statement chandelier, whether that’s an ornate, rococo-style, gilt piece, dome glass shade, round minimalist or a contemporary sputnik globe.
1. Size Does Matter
It's easy to get overwhelmed when you're trying to figure out if big or small or 2 or more are called for chandelier, but don't fret! For every foot of ceiling height, allow between 2 and 3 inches in chandelier height.
A large crystal chandelier can add a lot to a room – but could it be too much sometimes? Chandeliers come in different sizes, and sometimes it's better for living room decoration to have multiple smaller chandeliers than one large chandelier.
2. Reflect Room Style
Crystal chandelier are perfect for creating a glamorous and luxurious look. The massive brass frame, with what looks like an over-the-top cluster of precious gems in its center is just enough to take any living room up a notch.
There's nothing more striking than setting the mood with a black finish chandelier. In modern living room, we love light fixtures flaunting a black finish, and an old-school iron chandelier is no exception, which usually adds a sophisticated touch and a welcome dose of contrast to boot.
Opt for minimalism chandelier. Sometime forget all of the fussy frills and decorative details and take a minimalist approach to your lighting design. Think clean lines and simple silhouettes, like the hand blown glass orbs that make up multiple chic LED glass bubble chandelier.
3. Keep It in Proportion
Chandeliers aren’t just for grand rooms, it's the rules below you can refer when it comes to the proportions of living room chandelier ideas. Maintain proportion when designing your lighting layout so that you don't overwhelm or underwhelm whoever walks into view! For example, in the small living room, an ornate gold empire chandelier has been scaled down to suit the room, lending the space elegance without being overbearing.
Staircase Chandelier | Bubble Chandelier | Crystal Chandelier | Gold Chandelier | Foyer Chandelier | Rectangular Chandelier
Info Guides | Style Guides
Frequently Asked Chandelier Questions
What Types of Chandeliers are Suitable for Different Types of Spaces?
• Large Foyer with High Ceilings or Two Story Spiral Staircase
It would be best if you understood that you couldn't settle for a simple little chandelier when you have a ceiling of more than 11 feet high. If you do, you will need more budget to decorate and highlight other elements of the foyer. Instead, you can find a rounder yet long, cascading chandelier that blends the tall ceiling while also saving yourself from unnecessary decorative costs that have no value for the space.
• Low Ceiling Foyer
Suppose you have a simple house with a low ceiling. Spherical or square ceiling chandeliers would be the perfect combination. Based on our experience and opinions, a cozy little foyer might combine well with an organized entrance chandelier. Be aware that deciding on a chandelier for the foyer should not be hasty. Instead, it is crucial to consider the size of the foyer and the distance between the ceiling and the floor, which is to ensure that the chandelier does not consume the entire space. They are just right, not too much or too little.
What is The Quality of FavorShopping Products?
• Our crystal chandelier is most made of K9 crystal, a Chinese optical borosilicate crown glass. K9 crystal has the same physical properties as leaded glass but a more scratch-resistant surface. K9 crystal approximately has a 15% lighter weight than full leaded glass. It is a high-quality but inexpensive material. Although the K9 crystal chandelier has a luxurious look, the modern crystal chandelier is very affordable.
• The canopy is made of stainless steel, and its color is electroplated to ensure long-term stability and no discoloration.
• We have variable voltage electronic dimmers and low voltage electronic dimmers to cope with different voltages worldwide. According to your shipping address, it will automatically match the correct specifications of voltage electronic dimmers.
• When the voltage suddenly fluctuates wildly, our high-quality voltage electronic dimmer can control and protect the bulb from burning. An excellent electronic dimmer can improve the life of lamps for longer years.
• There are G4 lamp beads, Integrated LEDs, and e27 bulbs. They all have enough brightness and are easy replacements.
• The power transmission line of the chandelier is composed of a high-quality copper conductor and stainless steel wire rope, which has good durability, aging resistance, and corrosion resistance.
Can You Customize A Different Size of Chandelier for Us?
Yes. We can customize any products at your will. The most common request is to extend the cord length or to customize a larger size. It's a free service for the extension of the chandelier cable length.
How to Place A Custom Order?
First, browse our modern chandelier collection, select and send us the lighting fixture you want to buy. Second, provide the exact measurement you want to change, and our certified lighting and design expert will see if we can do it or not. Third, the custom light fixture will require 5 - 10 work days for the whole production.
If you are unsure of the custom size, provide the size of the space to us, such as the ceiling height to the floor and the width, and you will get professional advice.
Notice: Customized products do not support a return policy, however, it always enjoys a 3-year warranty service.
Is The Pendant Light Fixture Dimmable?
Yes, most products are dimmable with a Low Voltage Electronic dimmer. The product description will state whether it supports dimming. If the product does not support dimming, you can purchase the driver locally and install it. Here is a detailed instructional video on how to install a dimmable chandelier driver.
If you are unfamiliar with chandelier installation, we recommend contacting a licensed contractor or electrician.
How High Should Chandelier Be?
If you are hanging the chandelier on an open floor, chandelier's bottom should at least be 7.5 feet away from the floor.
If you are hanging the chandelier above a dining table or kitchen island, chandelier's bottom should be 30 to 36 inches away from the tabletop.
To determine the appropriate height of the chandelier in any room - from bottom to top:
Room height (ft) x 2.5 = Minimum chandelier height (in)
Room height (ft) x 3 = Maximum chandelier height (in)
For example, a 9-foot ceiling can have a 22.5-inch-tall chandelier or a 27-inch-tall chandelier. Remember that when choosing a chandelier, ensure there is still walking clearance below.
How to Install A Chandelier?
There's an installation guide for every object we sell. Installation by a licensed electrician is strongly recommended.
How to Clean A Crystal Chandelier?
• Lay a blanket on the floor directly below the chandelier to prevent the parts from falling and cracking.
• Turn off the chandelier before cleaning. As a safety precaution, put a piece of tape on the light switch to prevent the lamp from being accidentally turned on.
• Make your simple cleaner: isopropanol and four parts distilled water.
• Wear white cotton gloves to prevent fingerprints from being transferred to the crystal prism.
• Spray homemade detergent on a lint-free cloth, and do not spray directly on the chandelier. Gently wipe the crystal with a damp cloth, and then immediately dry with another glove or cloth.
How's FavorShopping Store?
FavorShopping focus on taking every order seriously and providing customers with high-quality products.
We offer each customer a 30-day return guarantee and a 3-year warranty.
We are conscientious and responsible for each order. Please communicate with us in time if you have any questions.